5.23.2006

Reflecting on the Sox--Without Clemens

Ok, I no longer care whether Roger Clemens joins the Red Sox. I'm really starting to enjoy this current group of players and would almost hate to see it disrupted by a high profile addition. Besides, Curt Schilling provides enough drama as it is. Last night he bounced back from a few bad outings to sink the Yanks in a 6 strikeout butt kicking. I also enjoy how there is a good distribution of talent on this squad; of course Papi and Manny stand out as hitters, but Lowell, Youk, Willy Mo (gotta love the name), and others have been playing some solid ball. I know it's only the beginning of the season and a lot of things can happen, but I have to say I'm very impressed and, in a strange way, almost feel bad that the Yankees can't put up much of a fight.

2 comments:

jason said...

I just heard a dude on ESPN tonight say that he thinks Clemens will end up with the Sox. We'll see...

jason said...

Well, I guess ESPN dude isn't near as smart as he thought! Oh Well, their the Sox are in 1st w/o Clemens.