4.26.2008

For the Love of the Plant

This week I was listening to the Herd, IMHO the best sports radio show out there, and heard about the book, It's Just a Plant. Colin talks about a lot of stuff other than just sports, so I wasn't too surprised he brought this up. Hearing about this, though, I didn't know whether to laugh or shake my head (I did both). This, from an editorial review on Amazon:

"Jackie wakes up late at night and finds her parents smoking pot. They give a simple explanation and promise to talk to her about it the next day, which happens to be Halloween."

The goal of this book, apparently, is to acclimate one's children to the proper use of marijuana. It is, after all, just a plant.

1 comment:

yellowinter said...

wow... i got upset reading the description of the book on amazon, and then got amused/surprised to read the glowing reviews by some parents. wow... i don't know what to say... but then again, i am the one who didn't know what pot smelled like until i graduated COLLEGE! no joke. makes me wonder when and how i would broach this subject with N.