3.06.2006

The Times on Redeemer

Here's a great article in The New York Times about Redeemer Church in New York, and the urban church planting mentality that it represents. (Hat Tip: Steve McCoy.) Here's a link to Redeemer's website. I'm having a difficult time posting the link, but if you go to Redeemer's list of Sample Sermons, you can find a great sermon by Tim Keller on love for the city. I recommend it highly. He gives a great quote (borrowed from someone else) in the sermon. I'm paraphrasing, but it goes something like this: There are more plants in the country than people; there are more people in the city than plants. As God loves people more than plants, so God loves the city more than the country. I thought there was a reason I liked living in Boston.

Incidentally, Citylife Church, mentioned in the article as one of Redeemer's daughter churches (Pastor Um is even mentioned and quoted therein), is the church with whom I identify in Boston. Its site is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent article-Ping