10.31.2006

Beware the Female

As part of one of my classes I'm currently reading the Apocrypha, which, except for 1/2 Maccabees, I've never dipped into. It's really enjoyable reading, I must say. Here's a great line from the book of Judith, enclosed within a celebratory song of praise recounting the deeds of Judith, whereby the people of Israel are delivered from the Assyrians.

(BTW: Judith seduced the Assyrian captain and, when he was drunk, cut off his head.)

"Her sandal ravished his eyes,
Her beauty captivated his mind,
and the sword severed his neck!"

Back when I was a little more cynical of the female species, I would have said that this utterance well summed up my thoughts.

3 comments:

Resa said...

Ahhh... Very interesting :)

yellowinter said...

now, hope your wife has changed this summary of female species. well, as chris always said, "girls are tigers. be ware." this is an advice that his chinese roommate's mom told him in college. and he stayed away from tigers during college and part of med school. ;)

Anonymous said...

Still an accurate summary!