2.20.2007

New Haven

Back to New Haven tomorrow. Monday I drove down there (with the wife) to speak with a professor in the Religious Studies Department about their PhD program in New Testament. Because I also have an interest in their Ancient Christianity program, I had to set up a separate appointment with a different prof. for tomorrow. Had I been able to check my e-mail Monday before leaving, I would have seen that the NT prof. offered to meet me on Weds as well, in order to spare me the extra trip. Alas, I was long gone before this e-mail was sent.

First of all, I'm not sure I have even the smallest chance of making it into either of these programs. (Early on in our conversation, Dr. Martin informed me that they basically admit one student a year into the PhD program. Nice odds, huh?) Aside from that, I'm not sure these programs are right for me--or if I'm right for them. I guess this is just part of the journey. Hopefully, just one of the schools I apply to will accept me. Ok, enough of the pity party. I better go listen to my Rocky sound track to get pumped up.

I guess I would rather be a bulldog than a terrier . . . .

5 comments:

jason said...

I hope it goes well for you.

yellowinter said...

hope your meeting goes well. how about any schools down a little further south? like new york or philly or jersey? ;)

Adam Dube said...

What is so wrong with terriers?

Hey, I just saw that you commented on my blog about half a year ago. I finally started blogging again. I have been busy with grad school aps and haven't had the time to blog until now. I would love to give you a call and hear how things are going for you and your family. How about dropping me an email with your phone number? adamdube@gmail.com

Adam

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you to know God's will as you take this next step.

Alyosha said...

Thanks, Brian. I/we need it for sure.