2.04.2008

Football and Politics

I'm in mourning after last night's Pat's defeat. It's hard for me to contemplate, actually, why it was so stunning, given that I was not a big Patriot's fan until last year. The empty feeling in my stomach does not compare to the Sox defeat to the Yankees in the 2003 ALCS. Now that was bad.

Oh, yeah. And I have yet to decide who to punch the ballot for in tomorrow's primary. I'm halfway leaning toward Romney simply because I'm getting pissed off at the media for annointing John McCain the Republican nominee prematurely. I did just get a telephone call from an Obama supporter. Usually the animus felt in our home toward telephone solicitations would cause me to react in a negative manner, but I have to say, the lady was very nice and not that pushy. Of course, I still won't vote for him, but my admiration for the man increases if it is legitimate to infer something about him from his supporter.

1 comment:

yellowinter said...

i don't remember calling you. ;p yeah, i guess i've made up my mind now. it still makes me feel a bit queasy, as i do about making ANY decision whether this big or small. so indecisive, but i can understand your frustrations with the media. it's almost scary when i think about how they sway the public mindset. this is probably adding to the so-called obama "surge" happening right as we speak.
well, i'm jealous that you get to cast that ballot tomorrow. remember to not leave a hanging chad. ;)
btw, don't feel so sad about the pats. in some ways, rooting for pats is like rooting for the yankees. no? ;p