1.24.2008

Australian Open

I've really enjoyed watching the Australian Open this year. Really, it's all because of the names. In the women's semis it was Sharapova vs. Jankovic on one end and Ivanovich vs. Hantuchova on the other. This was somewhat disappointing because I was hoping for ova vs. ova and ovich vs. ovich. Oh well, can't always get what you want. Hantuchova nearly beat out my favorite Ivanovich; the silver lining would have been an all ova final. However, reportedly Ivanovich's squeaky shoes distracted her opponent and gave her the comeback win. Now since Maria Sharapova topped Jankovic we'll have a squeaking vs. grunting final and be able to determine once and for all which ending is better, ovich or ova.

1 comment:

yellowinter said...

you crack me up. i used to follow tennis like crazy in high school, but can't seem to get myself to watch it after my football days began. :)