1.05.2008

Weekend Movies

We watched a couple good movies this weekend. Normally, it's rare for us to watch two movies in a week--and I never can understand it when I go into the video store and see people checking out a whole stack of movies; what's up with that?!--but P. gave me the freedom to choose what to watch and I couldn't decide between two so, guess what, I rented them both. I was feelin' crazy!

If you haven't seen Reign Over Me, check it out. Adam Sandler pairs up well with Don Cheadle in this anything but funny movie. Okay, it does have a few funny parts.

And tonight, we saw Once, a modern musical as the back of the box describes it. I had heard about this film back in Boston and was further interested in viewing it since I had heard it was set in Dublin. It's really a fantastic film. Very fun. And amazing considering that neither leads really had any acting experience prior to shooting this film. Good thing they can sing. Actually, the lead actor is Glen Hansard of The Frames. Oh, and in keeping with the location of the film, I decided to have a nice Black and Tan which I made myself. Turned out pretty nice, huh?


Thanks for holding the glass, honey.

1 comment:

yellowinter said...

what? you made it? how? have you taken up a new hobby? are we going to find a microbrewery in your new apt? you're in double trouble with the sbc, i see. ;) i'll put those movies on our list.